This crispy lemon panko parmesan roasted asparagus is basically the best asparagus dish on the face of the earth. I promise you'll never make asparagus any other way.
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dalkin&Co's Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lay the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the Lemon Pepper Seasoning on top and place into the oven. Roast for 15 minutes until just tender.
- While the asparagus is roasting, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the panko and stir for 3-4 minutes until the panko is golden brown. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the lemon juice and zest and stir and let cool.
- Once the asparagus is out of the oven, transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and sprinkle with the panko mixture. Add the 2 kinds of cheese on top and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- The trick to making crispy and tender asparagus is roasting it on high heat for a short amount of time.
- When toasting your panko breadcrumbs make sure to keep an eye on it the whole time as it goes from lightly golden to dark brown very quickly.