Breaded and Fried Chicken with lemon... HELLO LOVER! This easy Chicken Milanese might be your new favorite quick chicken dinner!
- 2 4-6 ounce skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Dalkin&Co's Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese finely grated
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 bunches upland cress tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- lemon wedges
- Place the chicken breasts in a plastic bag, one at a time, and pound them so they are about ⅓-inch thick throughout its entirety.
- Prepare 3 bowls, one with flour, salt, pepper, Dalkin&Co's Lemon Pepper Seasoning, one with whisked eggs and the last with Panko bread crumbs mixed with parmesan cheese.
- Place each piece of chicken in the flour, coating both sides, and shaking off any excess.
- Next dunk it into the whisked egg – let any excess liquid drain off.
- Next, coat it with the Panko breadcrumbs cheese mixture.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, carefully place one piece of chicken into the pan and let it cook for 3-5 minutes and then flip it over to finish cooking. Each piece should be golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the chicken to a paper towel lined plate and repeat the process with the remaining chicken. Once all the chicken is cooked, give it all a generous squeeze of lemon, a sprinkle of the upland cress, and season with more salt as needed.
Using a bag to pound your chicken keeps the mess contained instead of using plastic wrap.