We all know that I love a pasta recipe. Anything with garlic, butter and herbs is my idea of perfection - but if you're upping the ante and going for it, this Ultimate Chicken Scampi is the way to go!
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Dalkin&Co Lemon Pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced plus 1 more lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- Parmesan, freshly shredded to serve
- Season chicken with Dalkin&Co Lemon Pepper seasoning and salt then dredge in flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Add half of the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.. Add an additional tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter and sauté the remaining chicken. Once cooked, add to the cooked chicken and set it all aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water then drain the rest and return pasta to the pot.
- In the same skillet you cooked the chicken, add the white wine to deglaze scraping up the bottom of the pan. Cook the wine for 5 minutes until the alcohol is cooked out and the liquid is reduced to about ¼ cup. Add in the remaining butter and allow to melt. Add garlic and cook for about 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Add the lemon zest and juice, parsley, chives and chicken in the pan stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and additional Dalkin&Co Lemon Pepper seasoning as needed.
- Add the pasta to the chicken mixture and stir. Add in the reserved pasta water if needed.